[CQ-Contest] RDXC Entry Reclassified to High Power

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Wed Oct 5 14:33:32 EDT 2016

I seem to recall that CQWW's ill-fated "onsite observer program" was
intended to address this issue of power cheating (among other kinds),
precisely because of the difficulty of determining what was going on.
That was a bust, of course, and died amid a lot of recrimination.  I
don't see how such cheating can be definitively identified remotely,
short of doing what the FCC used to do and pull up in front of the
station with a field strength meter and then go knock on the door.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at