[CQ-Contest] Alpha Amp Owners and Service

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Oct 6 14:10:05 EDT 2016

 Gord,

The current owner of Alpha is Mike Dishop N8WFF, who also owns (amongst others) Dishtronix and Ten-Tec. Like Ten-Tec, the remnants of which he acquired from previous owners last December, he purchased (separately) the remnants of Alpha.  At the moment, my understanding is that Alpha is operating as a stand-alone company/entity.

(My understanding also is that Mike has some other partners with Alpha, which may not be the case for Ten-Tec)

My understanding also is that Alpha is currently doing service and repair work on existing amplifiers.  I have no information regarding sales of new equipment.

Considering the circumstances of the new ownership and management, I'm not surprised to hear that the old phone numbers don't work any longer.  (Same thing happened with TT).  Pure and simple, the new owners may not have gotten the old phone numbers as part of the sale -- and no, I don't know this either way for sure, and I'm also sure the answers are more complicated than that.

I'll see if I can get one of my contacts to get you current info for Alpha.  Can't make any promises, but I'll do what I can.

73, ron w3wn