[CQ-Contest] Rules Question M2 CQ WW

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Sun Oct 9 02:09:25 EDT 2016

The way K5ZD explained it you can have 100 radios as long as only two
are transmitting at a time you are fine and you adhere to the 8 band
changes per transmitter rule you should be ok.  How you manage that is
up to you.

You can have 3 or 300 radios on 20m and interlace contacts and those are
not band changes.  Obviously that becomes very difficult if the rate is
fast.

If you want to understand this better go check out the public logs for
the high scoring M2 and MS entries.

I noticed one instance where in the middle of a 6 qso run on 20m a 2nd
xmitter worked a WA5 at the start of the contest.  This makes me wonder
if they might have had too many signals transmitting at the same time.
I would hope that the log checkers have a way to flag this type of stuff
to check the recordings.

I am not clear on how the log checking can figure out the 8 band changes
per "run" transmitter but I suspect they have it figured out.

W0MU