[CQ-Contest] SO2R Interstation Interference Issues - Solved

Joe Galicic galicic at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 04:44:30 EDT 2016

I found the problem. It is noise created by two wall warts in my own house. It only takes 100 miliwatts to get them to re-radiate the second harmonic over AC house wiring with lots of nasty 60 HZ modulation. At 100 mw transmit power the second harmonic signal strength went from 20 over S9 to S3 once I found and unplugged them. I still have slight 60 HZ modulation on the second harmonic so there may be more to be found. Thanks for all of your suggestions and help. -Joe N3HEE