[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX SSB Raw Scores posted

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Tue Apr 4 09:23:40 EDT 2017

You only enter once you submit your log.

The rules don't say HP must use high power, only that you may, and only that LP may not use high power. If you complete a contest as LP and decide, based on claimed scores so far, to enter as HP, that's fine.

SOAB rules don't say you must use all bands, only that you may. If they did say that you must use all bands, then you'd have to DQ yourself in years when 10 is dead.

The rules also don't say assisted must use assistance.

If someone were to operate QRP in SS from Puerto Rico and beat the top A score, if they submitted as A, they'd be entitled to win A.

None of this invalidates the idea of separate categories: you still have to satisfy the criteria of the category you enter. Let's say LP specifies a max. 150 watts (as in SS). Five watts is less than 150w, so it qualifies. HP might specify less than 1.5 kw. Well, 150 is less than 1kw, so it qualifies.

The rules don't mandate every entrant run to the maximum allowed. If they did, then anyone with only a 100-w radio and no amp could not play in A in SS, and someone with only an Ameritron AL811 couldn't play in HP.

73, kelly, ve4xt,

Sent from my iPad