[CQ-Contest] Was Self spotting now T48K DQ

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Mon Apr 17 17:51:57 EDT 2017

DX Summit shows 310 spots for T48K during the contest period.  I see 45
spots for VE3XIN.   The next runner up has about 8 spots for T48K.

It does look fishy especially after stumbling across this item.

Here is a press release that I found at
https://dxnews.com/t48k_cuba_cqwwdxcwcontest_2009_dxnews/

VE3XIN, VE3AXC, W2DLT, K1EP, K1MM, CO8DM, CO8ZZ will be active from Cuba
26 - 30 October 2016 as T48K.
They will operate on HF Bands including activity in CQ WW DX SSB Contest
29 - 30 October 2016 in M/2 Category.
QSL via DK1WI.
Ads for direct QSL:
Erhard Hauptmann, Erlenstr. 31, Katzwinkel 57581, Germany.

VE3XIN is clearly identified as a part of the this.  I would have to
side with CQ on this one.   The other issue is that he spots on band
changes.  Under the current rules I think CQ has a pretty good case.

I hope the committee now understands why we want a few more details on
these issues so we can see for ourselves what is going on.

I would like to thank W5OV/CQ for providing more details about this
specific issue.

W0MU