[CQ-Contest] Self-spotting explanation from CQWW blog

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Apr 20 01:42:37 EDT 2017

Gee, A perfect operator who has never made a mistake! It is a rare DX
pileup when I don't hear well known and respected ops, including those
who have been ops on major DXpeditions, accidentally calling on top of
the DX station because, for one reason or another, he thought he was in
split mode but wasn't. Anyone who says he's never done it is either in
denial or a liar. :)

W5OV has stated quite clearly that the objective of the log checkers is
to penalize cheating, not mistakes.

73, Jim K9YC