[CQ-Contest] New Amps: Elecraft KPA1500 & FlexRadio/4O3A PGXL

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 07:33:52 EDT 2017

Can auto tune amps tune fast enough between band A and B? My experience with Acom 2000 is that while auto tuning is fast, it is not fast enough to be alternating CQ on two different bands.

On the other hand, solid state amps use banks of low pass filters on the output, allowing them to switch bands as rapidly as the relays can switch; I can imagine running on two bands with this arrangement.

Rudy N2WQ

Sent using a tiny keyboard.  Please excuse brevity, typos, or inappropriate autocorrect.