[CQ-Contest] WAE Question

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Aug 9 08:21:25 EDT 2017

>From the WAE Rules:

For European stations every non-European DXCC entity counts as a multiplier.
Exception: In the following countries up to ten numerical call areas count as multipliers:
W, VE, VK, ZL, ZS, JA, PY and RA8/RA9 and RAØ – without respect to their geographical location.

Does this mean a K8 counts for the W/K8 multiplier even if not in W8 land, i.e. is it sort of like a WPX multiplier?

I’m visiting on the east coast and hope to get on for a few hours. Do I need to sign /1?

73  -  Jim  K8MR