[CQ-Contest] Which would yor choose?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 13 12:37:06 EDT 2017

This is the best advice I've seen.  Why limit yourself to Yaesu?  Their
receivers don't do all that well in Rob's lab tests, and their
transmitters are the dirtiest in ARRL Lab tests.

Since getting back on the air in 2003, I've owned an Omni V, TS850, 746,
FT100D, FT1000MP, K2, K3, and KX3. A pair of K3s is on my operating
desk, along with a Yaesu FM rig. I have a Kenwood FM rig in the car, and
a Kenwood TH-F6A talkie. Of HF rigs, I've liked the K3 and TS850 the
best. I found the Yaesu radios to have the most difficult user
interface, the Kenwood and Elecraft rigs the easiest to use. The TS-590S
and SG are among the cleanest rigs in ARRL Lab tests, not far behind the
K3 and K3s. I've not used either one, but a good friend and very good
operator owns a 590 and likes it a lot.

73, Jim K9YC