[CQ-Contest] Contesting from HOA neighborhoods -- Pro and Con on the Amateur Radio Parity Act

Dave Thompson thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 15 09:25:20 EDT 2017

Don't know about the issues K1VR brings up but he is an attorney and knows current law.

I doubt there is a subdivision built in the last 25 or 30 years that does nor require a HOA.  Why, because the financial institutions require the restrictions before they lend any money to the developer to get the subdivision
started.  I feel the act tried to cure the dog after the fact. I think the real approach is to get banks et al to change the set of rules at their end before the funding starts.

Thank goodness I have never lived in an HOA subdivision.

73 Dave K4JRB