[CQ-Contest] Fw: SO2R vs SO1R

Dale Putnam daleputnam at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 20:03:18 EDT 2017

Actually.. we can end this entire discussion with the total and end all acceptance of on line only.. no rf .. contesting. Talk about the end of ALL controversy over SDR vw "real" radios.. my antenna is better'n your antenna.. and the East vs West.. vs Black hole crowd just went down. NO more.. just on line contesting.. in fact..   it can be a contest of your own timing..   Rules would read something like.. here is the contest.. download it.. install it.. and run it, at your own leisure. Results will be automatically submitted at the end of the contest period. (2 - 48 hrs. the contest is preset) The noise, qrm, is preset, as is the propagation. Band, power, station config, and antennas are all select-able. And the on the air gang would be out of the single most target-able subject and left with no reason to NOT get on the air.

  Now.. for the rest of us.. we'll play radio.. including on the air contests.. just like always. And.. compare our scores.. pretty much like we always have.

Have a great day,
--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

"Actions speak louder than words"
1856 - Abraham Lincoln