[CQ-Contest] CQWW SSB and CW Record Number of Entries

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 14:12:16 EST 2017

It is deserving of note that while logs are continuing to trickle in --
more so for the CW weekend than for the SSB weekend at this point -- the
number of entries for the 2017 CQWW SSB and CW weekends each exceed the
previous all-time record!

The number of logs submitted for each mode is almost QUADRUPLE the number
received in the late 1970's.  In 30 years -- 1977 to 2017 -- CQWW SSB
entries increased by 394 percent, while CW increased by 361 percent.
During this time publication of the final results was cut from 9 months to
5 months.

Congratulations to all the participants, and especially to the Committee
members present and past.

73, Dave K3ZJ