[CQ-Contest] QSO Party Calls

Robert Chudek - K0RC k0rc at citlink.net
Mon Feb 6 23:41:42 EST 2017

Only stations within MN should be calling CQ MNQP. Everyone outside MN
should be calling CQ MN. YOU are looking for Minnesota stations. This is
the standard procedure, although not everyone is aware of this. This
goes for any QSO Party. Out of state stations call CQ "The state." This
should reduce other out-of-state stations calling you if you are not
located in the target state.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

On 2/6/2017 4:09 PM, Joe Fischer wrote:
> I very much prefer the K9MA/WI pattern.  Immediately lets me know that this person is not in MN and I won’t call him.  Usually when I try to raise somebody in MN, for example, by calling 'CQ MNQP de AA8TA/OH' I’ll get more people from other states respond than in-state participants.  No biggie, I log them then transfer them to main log and take them out of the Cabrillo file.
>
> TU es 73 de Joe AA8TA
>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 15:38:12 -0600
>> From: K9MA <k9ma at sdellington.us>
>> To: CQ Contest <cq-contest at contesting.com>,	Minnesota Wireless
>> 	Association <mwa at w0aa.org>
>> Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSO Party Calls
>>
>> In the MNQP yesterday, I found I had to sign "K9MA/WI" when calling CQ,
>> so callers knew I was not in MN.  A lot of MN stations the duped me, as
>> I had omitted the /WI when I called them.  So, now there are two
>> versions of my call in some logs, but I didn't really want to waste time
>> adding the /WI when calling MN stations.  What to do?  I tried adding
>> 1.5 spaces before the /WI, in the hope that other operators would not
>> log that part.  I think it would be best if everyone could agree on some
>> designator for stations outside the target state, or at least not to log
>> them. Any other suggestions?
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Scott  K9MA
>>
>> --