[CQ-Contest] NS RTTY this Thursday

Ken K6MR k6mr at outlook.com
Wed Feb 8 03:12:54 EST 2017

Greetings Diddlers:

The upcoming weekend brings one of the major RTTY events. Ready? Are you sure? Our own N3QE has announced a WPX practice session this Thursday evening just before the NS!  So since you’re going to be around anyway….  Make a quick logger change and join us.  The ‘real’ RTTY Sprint is coming up Real Soon Now so don’t forget how the Sprint works (hint: it’s different).

Last week’s session was a good one, with some of our newer stations back in the mix. Steve, K4DXV has been gone for a while but is back with the TN mult!  The bands are still limited, but 40 and 80 are pretty good.

Here’s the usual list of times, rules and extra notes for our usual Thursday soiree.

Friday,  10 Feb 2017, 0145Z - 0215Z (Thursday 9 Feb 2017 in NA)
-- 1745 - 1815 PST
-- 2045 - 2115 EST
-- (others in-between those two)
-- 160: 1805 and up (Last two minutes seem to be popular…)
-- 80/40/20/15 +80kHz up from the band edge
-- Same band dupes ok after 1 intervening Q.
-- 1 kHz QSY rule, otherwise standard Sprint rules
-- Mults per band
-- 100W power limit

Please visit http://www.ncccsprint.com/rttyns.html for complete rules and links to other info. If you find any problems with the web pages, please let me know so we can get them fixed.