[CQ-Contest] R: Re: R: 3V8SS disqualified from WW SSB and WRTC

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Feb 21 09:33:55 EST 2017

I can't believe people cheat in radio contests.  Shame on them. Ops that
are fantastic padding logs, power violations too many to mention, remote
receivers across the globe, self spotting and on and on for what?

A 50 dollar wooden plaque or a piece of paper with fancy lettering on it.

Once again we have heard one side of the argument.  Does anyone know
what proof CQ has in this case.  Maybe there is much more to this story.

In computer gaming, every time a cheater that has been caught who goes
public to argue his case, each and every case that person was proven to
be in the wrong.   Going public is the last hope to get a bunch of
sympathy from people that have ZERO facts.

For the record IP spoofing is incredibly easy.  Who cares if you have a
static address.  It means nothing and proves nothing.  The young hacker
modding crowd have been using IP spoofing for years and years.

Please stop trying to justify bad behavior.

W0MU

.