[CQ-Contest] KP4KE

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 22 17:00:41 EST 2017

Sorry, its not KP4XX, its KP4KE.  We all know it, so lets stop beating
around the bush.

In addition to know - beyond physics power excursions - I caught KP4KE
spoofing my call on DX Summit and spotting himself.  He asked me to spot him
and I declined.  I am not even connected to the internet for contests at the
time of that event which I believe was around 2004.  Later, in researching
any spots of me during the contest, I find to my surprise that I have
magically spotted KP4KE at the time he asked me too.

I brought it up to the ARRL Committee at the time.  To my knowledge, nothing
ever happened about it.

I applaud committees from weeding out the bad apples in the sport.  There is
much more work to do.

733

Ed  N1UR