[CQ-Contest] Triplexer/combiners 20-15-10 meters

Mark n2qt n2qt.va at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 11:34:52 EST 2017

I chose the inrad version based on the better isolation figures in the QST review. Also the
Inrad uses toroidal rather than the dunestar's air wound coils which I liked better. (I had
tried a home brew version with air wound coils and found it difficult to eliminate coupling
enough to allow stable tuning. The dune star has this figured out no doubt but I figured it
was one less thing).

I run 100 watt rtty with no issues.  It is also somewhat easy to repair (haven't had to retune)
when you forget and put a kw through it.

I do believe you need better bandpass filters than the ICE 419 variety to be safe. (I ended up
adding coaxial stubs to help it in my set up).

Mark. N2QT