[CQ-Contest] 2017 ARRL RTTY Round-Up Practice Sessions

Jeff Stai wk6i.jeff at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 12:58:15 EST 2017

(Plagiarized from Ed W0YK's post for 2016 - wk6i)

2200-2230 UTC, Friday, 6 January
0200-0230 UTC, Saturday, 7 January (Friday evening NA time)

Same time and same drill as in recent years.  This coming Friday, let's have
two 30-minute practice sessions to check out station equipment, software
and operator(s).

Operate just like it's the real thing that starts on Saturday.  Use whatever
bands are open and active for you at each time slot.  You might want to have
a special message prepared to respond to stations telling you that the
contest hasn't yet started. (Or, perhaps even practice your typing ;)

Most of all, have fun over the weekend in the RTTY Round-Up.  Take some
photos of your operation and send them and/or a summary of your experience
to me Jeff WK6I. It will help me write up the contest for the QST article.

73 jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai ~ wk6i.jeff at gmail.com