[CQ-Contest] DC in NAQP, WHY?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jan 10 13:25:39 EST 2017

I have exactly the same question. Modern cities are a terrible place to
try to do ham radio. I don't know of a single contest station within the
city of San Francisco; AB9H and WO9S operate one of two contests from
the city of Chicago. I lived and operated from a mixed
residential/industrial neighborhood in Chicago, and my station was more
modest than that of W3DQ. DC was a multiplier in RTTY RU, and it appears
that W3DQ was the only DC station on the air.

73, Jim K9YC