[CQ-Contest] Multi 2 locking device, TriPlexers and BPF

Jozef Urban, OM7ZZ om7zz at stonline.sk
Thu Jan 12 13:21:51 EST 2017

Jim,

> I am merely stating what I learned by studying the plots that W4TV sent
> me.

Joe, W4TV didn't measure switch. He sent you plots I had sent him, made on
professional HP-8714B VNA we still own. These direct, un-edited outputs from
VNA, you desribed as "hard to read plots showing BEST case" were plots
contained all isolation measurements of ALL switching combinations and there
was nothing to conclude from that the real parameters are 6-10dB worsen.
This is what you simply invented, so I had to reply.

> He was unwilling to loan me a unit to measure. I would be happy to
> measure one if it were sent to me.

We are manufacturer, and we have to grant claimed specifications to our
customers. And it is what we do. Do you have ANY lab certificate or
acreditation proving that your measurements should be more trustable than
our?

> I am well aware of the variation in crosstalk and VSWR between ports in
> switches of this type, and some are FAR better than others, depending
> STRONGLY on how they are built.

I absolutely agree.

73 Jozef OM7ZZ