[CQ-Contest] ARRL Rule Change for Remote Ops - Always Multi-op?

Ria Jairam rjairam at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 15:00:36 EDT 2017

I think most of you are missing the point in this, in that the rule
regarding control operators turning the entry into a multi-op is aimed
at foreign ops who operate US stations remotely.

If you are a US licensee with the appropriate license class you can be
a control operator of a US station.

If you are not a US licensee, since CEPT and IARP do not apply
(according to ARRL), you cannot be a control operator unless
physically present in the USA. If you then have a control op at the
station and operate as a third party (effectively) then the entry is
classified as a multi-op.

It doesn't need to be more complicated than this, and if you are
licensed in the USA then this really won't apply to you.

73
Ria, N2RJ