[CQ-Contest] ARRL Rule Change for Remote Ops - Always Multi-op?

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 05:24:48 EDT 2017

I received some clarification on the spirit and intent of the rule change around remote operation:

If the station owner designates the remote operator as control op and the station owner does not perform any station related function during the contest (no fixing things, etc.) then the remote operation can be considered single op. If the station owner *does* do anything related to the station or antennas or other equipment used in the contest, then multi-op

That makes sense to me - just as the same rule makes sense for a guest op physically at someone else's station.

73 John K3TN