[CQ-Contest] Interference to or from a buried invisible dog fence?

Mike Ricketts mike.nd9g at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 23:53:10 EDT 2017

I live on a corner lot and the neighbor behind me and to my one side both
have them in the ground. My only antenna since last fall has been a
vertical that is about 20-25 feet from each of their lot lines. It's noisy
on the bands, but it is a vertical on a suburban lot, also about 30 feet
from the utility boxes in the corner of the lot. How much of that noise is
attributed to the fences, I don't know, but probably not as much as the
other sources of noise picked up by the vertical. I can't hear everything I
want to work, but I can still pick some weak ones out of the noise.

I would worry too much about an invisible fence.

73,
Mike ND9G