[CQ-Contest] DX Engineering Increases Support for World Radiosport Team Championship 2018 (WRTC 2018 Press Release)

Michael Hoeding, DL6MHW dl6mhw at wrtc2018.de
Sun Jul 30 02:32:50 EDT 2017

(Friedrichshafen - Germany , 14th July 2018)

DX Engineering has increased its support for the World Radiosport Team
Championship 2018 (WRTC). The company is now a Gold Level sponsor. The
announcement was made by WRTC 2018 at the Bavarian Contest Club annual
dinner in Friedrichshafen, Germany this past July.

“DX Engineering is proud to support this outstanding event,” said Tim
Duffy K3LR, Chief Operating Officer of DX Engineering. “We strongly
believe in the global impact of WRTC2018 as Contesters and DXers from
around the world will take part.”

“We welcome the increased support by DX Engineering,” said Christian
Janssen DL1MGB, president of the WRTC 2018 Organizing Committee.
“Teaming with innovative partners like DX Engineering will help insure
the success of this event.”

WRTC 2018 will be held July 12-16, 2018 in the Jessen/Wittenberg region
of Germany, south of Berlin. Approximately 60 teams will fight for the
title of World Champion. Unlike the usual contesting, WRTC 2018
participants must use identical antennas in the same geographical
region, which eliminates many variables. The WRTC 2018 will be supported
by about 300 volunteers who will set up the antennas and host the
infrastructure.

About DX Engineering
At DX Engineering, Amateur Radio is all we do. Our goal is simple:
fulfill the needs of Ham radio enthusiasts with the best products and
technical support. Whether it’s DXing, Contesting or just everyday
operating, we strive to develop products that fill a specific need, are
fully tested, reliable, and represent the best value for your money. DX
Engineering also carries the highest-quality products from brands that
meet our exacting standards. Read more about DX Enineering at
DXEngineering.com.

About WRTC 2018
WRTC 2018 e.V. is the organizer of the World Radiosport Team
Championship 2018 in Germany. The WRTC is held every four years.
Previous WRTCs were held in Seattle/USA (1990), San Francisco/USA
(1996), Slovenia (2000), Finland (2002) Brazil (2006) Russia (2010) and
New England/USA (2014).
--

Michael Höding, DL6MHW
Vice-President, Fundraising, PR