[CQ-Contest] Americas Cup Sailing - Watch and Learn

Tom Osborne w7why1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 17:42:41 EDT 2017

Excellent post Bill.

Guys on the east coast just don't understand what it is to do a DX contest
here on the left coast with the sunspot numbers in the toilet.  If we're
lucky, we just MIGHT get an over the pole opening and be able to work some
DX for an hour or two..

If you are on the east coast, you can run Europe on 40 with a dipole at 40
feet and 100 watts.  We sit here listening to them and never hear who they
are working.  Forgot about 80 - ain't gonna happen.

When single op's make bigger scores than the M/M's on the west coast, we
need something to make it 'interesting' or take up model railroading.  73
Tom W7WHY