[CQ-Contest] Copying exchanges in ARRL DX CW

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Jun 15 03:30:42 EDT 2017

On Wed,6/14/2017 5:39 PM, K9MA wrote:
> Maybe 6Y2T could QRS just a tiny bit?

YES! Garry, NI6T, has allowed our CQP group to use his call several
times. We don't send his call at the speed of light. Our club call is
W6BX. I insert half spaces in both calls to make it easier to copy.
W6JTI mostly works QRP and mostly CW. He carefully inserts half-spaces
in his F-key messages. I watched him do it setting up for our team
expedition to CM79 for ARRL VHF. GOOD ops who aren't ego-centered do
stuff like that.

A common mistake that EU stations make in DX contests is to bang away at
35+ WPM when conditions are causing lots of flutter over a path. Why is
it that these guys think that THEIR signal doesn't have the same flutter
at my QTH that mine does at theirs? Did these guys sleep through the
fundamental principle of reciprocity?

73, Jim K9YC