[CQ-Contest] Are beams needed for competitive contesting from the Caribbean?

Jose Vicens, DMD otispr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 10:28:09 EDT 2017

Hi Rudy
A beam will certainly help you aim the signal where you want. Remember that there will also be QRM and noise to deal with.
Salt corrosion is a bastard!. Make sure to use protective spray ( the one sold at Boat stores) to help improve the survival. Even the clamps on the antenna will corrode. Put some money aside for replacement and maintanance.  If you plan on using exterior antena switching, also consider enclosing the unit in some sort of plastic container.
Good luck!
73OtisNp4G