[CQ-Contest] I hate ITU prefills

OZ0J Joe contest at oz0j.dk
Fri Jun 30 13:14:21 EDT 2017

-> If I work a DL and type 13 in the Zone field why doesn't the software pop
up a window asking me to "Confirm Zone?"

That reminds me when I was an operator on the team of XP1AB in 2001 (QTH
Sonderstrom Airport, Greenland)

We participated in the CQWW SSB contest in October 2001. At that time most
of the old computer logs had OZ (Denmark) as the prefix.

OZ has CQ Zone 14
OX has Zone 40

A lot of people wanted to log us as zone 14 instead of zone 40!!

Help files are good - also for computer logging. But it is still what you
receive not what the computer receive (except in DIGI modes).

73 Joe OZ0J