[CQ-Contest] DX Summit Spots and more

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 1 16:21:55 EST 2017

Hi Ed.

Actually, what I said was 100 spots per second, not minute.

The RBN's success has not been without growing pains. It has severely stressed both the hardware and software to the breaking point several times. During the ARRL CW contest my node software and the RBN handled the flood of spots without any problem. Some users complain that their spots were an hour behind. This was due to a problem with either their computer system or the node they were using, not the RBN.

During the last CQ WW CW contest I had a problem with the router built into the modem supplied by my ISP. When I bypassed their router and used my own, the problems went away. Unfortunately the contest was over before I could fix the problem.

I agree there are 2 parallel universes during assisted CW or RTTY contesting. There are those who use RBN spots and those who don't. Serious contesters do not use Dx Summit. The RBN is functioning just fine thanks to the hard work of all involved.

Lee VE7CC