[CQ-Contest] DX Summit Spots and more

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 2 05:51:56 EST 2017

Lee, The DX Summit system and the RBN system are great tools and a great
service to the contesting and DXing community.  Thank you for your key part
in developing it.  I never stated anything to the contrary.

My point is that the general belief in the contesting community today is
that if you are on CW today you are "automatically spotted for everyone" and
the need for manual spotting for CW is gone.  The belief is that everyone
that matters is connected to a node and sees the RBN spots.  Unfortunately,
actual data on the air suggests otherwise.  There is still some meaningful %
of contesters using web window based tools that are not seeing RBN spots and
therefore not seeing spots until they are manually done.  For them, RBN has
actually decreased the effectiveness of their world of assisted in the last
few years.

People need to realize it and add manual spotting to their portfolio
(especially if they are one of their users) or an attempt should be
considered to bridge the 2 universes.

You aren't spotted for everyone until you are manually spotted.

73

N1UR