[CQ-Contest] CX2DK CQWW checklog

Marcelo Egues marcelocx2dk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:28:28 EST 2017

Hi all.

After several years, I began with contests. Over time I have personally and
economically sacrificed so that my station every day is in better condition.

Today I wake up and found this mail from one of the organizers.

 "Thank you for your participation in the CQWW 2016 competition. We can not
verify the category of your entrant due to the lack of registration of your
entry to the contest, as required by the rules of section XII, section C,
we have reclassified your entry as checklog.

We hope to see you in the CQWW 2017 contests.

Scott Robbins

W4PA

On behalf of the CQWW committee "

The CQWW has changed the rules since 2015. Now the single op stations must
have the recorded audio of the contest on separate channels so that
everything is transparent and without lies.

In case the organization of the contest considers it necessary, they ask
for it.

But, I don't have audio recording and internet.

Dear Members of the CQWW Control Organization.

If ALL STATIONS MUST HAVE THE AUDIO, YOU ARE ALLOWING TO CHECK THE POSSIBLE
ERRORS, INCORRECT LETTERS, A LOT OF TIMES BEFORE SEND THE LOG.

If they want audio file, they can not give more than a day after the
contest ends to send the log and audio, so there is no time to review it.

How could it be that for not having audio, send me to checklog being the
first in my category with a big difference (double of points) with the
second???

If there are doubts of some multipliers, please delete them, remove qsos or
whatever, but do not send me to checklog without asking.

The contests are possible because of the participants who invest a lot of
money so that everything works better year after year, leaving many things
aside for the contests, which deprives many things by putting all the money
available on the radio and improving the Station  for a plaque with the
best of luck.

Many stations this year were penalized with good reason or without reason.

But can not you listen to audio with the SDR?

How many M/M, M/S or other stations use 4kw or more instead of 1kw?

Who controls real power?

Who controls the receiving antennas to less than 500m?

Who controls that these receiving antennas are not in another country and
are heard remotely?

Who controls that a callsign has several stations set up in the same
country but in different places and depending on the propagation activate
one and turn off another?

In the CQWW CW single operator, who knows if it is an operator or several?

Today there are many people in the world who are angry and think if they
are going to do the CQWW 2017.

MY SOLUTIONS:

If the idea is to take real solutions, disconnect the cluster (DXSummit,
DXFUNCluster, etc) or RBN during the contest.

The stations that intend to leave assisted, pass the IP so that only these
IPs have full access to the cluster.

Leave the cluster only for warc during the weekend so that those who want
to access those pages can have it.

73

Marcelo CX2DK