[CQ-Contest] CX2DK DQ

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Mar 6 12:27:20 EST 2017

On Mon,3/6/2017 6:12 AM, James Cain wrote:
> Better to let nine guilty people go free than to execute one innocent
> person.

This quotation, about life and death, is totally inappropriate with
respect to scoring of a contest.

I agree with W4PA and other members of the committee. Rules have been
established to help expose some forms of cheating. It's sad that it's
necessary, but if we want to enter any contest and qualify for an award,
we must know and obey the rules.

I'm regularly disappointed that a significant number of NAQP
participants don't obey the rules that require that a single-op be
non-assisted and no more than 100W, as indicated by obvious
cluster-inspired peaks of activity, and signals that sure don't sound
like 100W.

73, Jim K9YC