[CQ-Contest] CX2DK - NOT DQ

charlie at thegallos.com charlie at thegallos.com
Tue Mar 7 10:47:30 EST 2017

<snip>
> My point is about this rule, and all that will be added in the future.
> What
> happen if I recorded the contest and after it, I listen to audio file and
> is bad, por example a common problem, the connector that comes off very
> easily from the back of K3 line out, so, not audio file.

Them's the breaks - fix it so it won't happen

<snip>
> If audio fail?  what happened. I will not stop after the first 15 minutes
> of the contest to start listening form my audio file to see if it´s OK.
> So
> I will notice if after the end of the contest

Again - it is part of the rules, you deal with the rules

'Sometimes You Eat the Bear, and Sometimes the Bear Eats You"

<snip>

If the Contest committee makes a rule you have to print out the log in
green ink, you read the rules, and you print in green ink

I'm not much of a radio contester, but I mentor robotics contesting.
Guess what?  After the 1st weekend of matches (we don't compete for
another few weeks), they made a change to the rules.  it means something
we spent a lot of time and resources during "build season" dealing with is
moot.  Other times, changes have helped us.  You adapt and overcome.

When the committee asks for your audio file one year, and you can't
provide it, and waves it, it behooves you to make SURE you have it the
next year.  You KNOW they are asking for it.  Hint - If ruling board say
"I need X from you" and you don't have it and waves you, you'd better KNOW
that the next time around, even if they don't suspect anything, they are
GOING to ask, to make sure you made the changes you needed to ask

If I tell you that you have to bring a #2 pencil to school every day, and
the first day, you only bring a pen, I'll loan out a pencil.  Guess what?
The next day, I'm going to check to see if you brought a pencil