[CQ-Contest] Not In The Contest

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 20:32:42 EST 2017

It must be the quality of engineering to make an unhelpful remark, trying
to be brief, when the helpful remark takes less energy.  "One hundred" is
lots less effort than "I am not in the contest" three times.
Reminds me of answers to "tech help" questions on Net with "Read the
Instruction Book"  Oh well, Charly

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 2:27 AM, Ken Widelitz <widelitz at gte.net> wrote:

> This past weekend I had a guy call in and when I asked him his power, he
> said, "I'm not in the contest." I asked for his power again and got the
> same
> response. After my 3rd request, someone else answered for him "He's not in
> the contest." I responded, "He just worked me, he's in the contest." A few
> stations cracked up laughing on frequency.
>

> If you are not submitting a log, or even if you plan on submitting your log
> as a check log, you can make up your own rules as long as they lie within
> the FCC regulations.
>

> 73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT

Charly, HS0ZCW