[CQ-Contest] what is required of recevied audio, and whay

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Mar 10 03:56:23 EST 2017

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the comments made by Paul, EI5DI.
If "indistinguishable" and "unenforceable" are the criteria for
combining single-op and single-op assisted, then lets get rid of other
entry categories that are indistinguishable and unenforceable.

I am not anti single-op assisted; I have operated in this category on
occasion.  But I also operate single-op unassisted - and I want to have
the choice to compete in the category that I choose against others
operating in similar fashion.  Take away my choice and I will not
participate.

I fail to understand why certain people (including SOME whose opinions I
respect) seem to think the interests of the assisted single-op are more
important than the unassisted single-op.  The assisted category was
created to meet the wishes of certain participants.  The unassisted
category should be maintained to meet the wishes of those participants.

Dave, K8CC