[CQ-Contest] SO Categories

ko7ss at yahoo.com ko7ss at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 10 23:58:50 EST 2017

With panadapters, waterfall displays, SO2R, and bandmaps allowed in unassisted it
is actually impossible to determine who is using Skimmer technology and who isn't.
If you disagree with this, please explain.

The real question is how much log checking should a contest entrant expect from a
group of volunteer log checkers after paying a $0 entry fee?

In running and cycling competitive events, lots of entry fee $$$ is paid to get an
ankle strap with a timing chip. No serious competitor cuts the course. The split
times are available on line by the time you get back to your car. I have spent
$250 for a single mountain bike race. And I sure didn't finish in the top 10 or
100 or 500.

For their their $0 entry fee should serious unassisted competitors' logs just get
a cursory check to make sure the 80M VU2 Q is valid?

So many of the posts on this topic are "it's all about me and what I want". The
next time you submit a log and don't have to type in a VISA number to enter, you
should be thankful. Would YOU volunteer to check logs and listen to recorded SO2R
audio and get public grief from people that can't even follow the rules?

73, Bill KO7SS on Mt Lemmon in southern Arizona