[CQ-Contest] WB6D - Improved KT34XAs

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Sun Mar 12 23:50:52 EDT 2017

The KT36XA has the same number of elements in the same configuration as
the KT34XA with the same boom length.  It is not a significantly
different antenna.

The "upgrade kit" replaces components in the trap assemblies which M2
claims fail in the KT-34XA.  In the documentation for the "upgrade kit",
M2 claims their KT-36XA has 1.5 dB more gain than the KLM KT-34XA and
that this "upgrade kit" endows the 34XA with this increased gain and
structural improvements..

Let's remember that this thread originated with Martin, LU5DX asking if
anybody knew about KB6D's extension of the KT-34XA with more elements.
Neither the KT-36XA nor the "upgrade kit" makes the antenna any bigger.