[CQ-Contest] Other ARRL rules that need to be fixed

Jim Stahl jimk8mr at aol.com
Wed Mar 15 16:06:27 EDT 2017

Under the strict reading of the rules, yes they would. However, I believe most contest sponsors are open to granting reasonable exemptions, especially if it was unlikely to affect highly competitive entrants.

Several years ago for CQWW CW, I wanted to operate from the beach in Punta Cana by recording the contest and transcribing it afterward. I asked in advance and was given the permission to do so, even though the rules, intended to prevent post-contest log scrubbing, would have prohibited it.  I suspect any contest sponsor presented in advance with a request to allow a blind person to have somebody log for them, would allow it.

73  -  Jim   K8MR