[CQ-Contest] What is Multi to you?

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Fri May 5 18:13:25 EDT 2017

What does Multi Single mean to you?

What does Multi-Two mean to you?

What do these terms mean to the majority of contesters?  Does anyone
know?  Do the organizers know?

Multi-Single to me and many that I have discussed this with,  is one rig
and more than one person doing the operating.  Simple.  A bunch of guys
having fun around a radio.  It might even include some beer! A group of
folks that may not want to operate the entire contest period or have
more fun in groups or where clubs can get together and have fun.  It is
not a Multi Multi station reconfigured with a bunch of interconnects and
locks outs.

Multi-two.  Two radios and multiple operators.  Same as above. Simple.
This allows a slightly bigger station to branch out and bring in some
more people.

We already have a class for Lots of radios and operators it is called
Multi-Multi.  Go knock yourselves out. Put 12 rigs on a band and figure
out how to adhere to the rules.