[CQ-Contest] CW Filter

Joe nss at mwt.net
Sun May 7 18:12:25 EDT 2017

Hi All,

Looking for thoughts, comments, suggestions, etc.

Club has for Field Day a IC-718, That already has the 1.8 Khz SSB Narrow
filter in it. It needed it badly. Especially during Field Day.

Sadly it only has the one extra filter slot, so a narrow CW filter is
not an option unless we toss out the 1.8 Khz SSB one. And Me more or
less being the ONLY CW op,  well.....

So I am looking for help with external filtering.

Either software with a computer,  or via a stand alone external unit.

What's out there? and what works well?

I remember with my Drake TR-4 as a beginner in the 70's getting one of
those terrible MFJ CW filters. Where the wide setting was like what 180
Hz? And down to like 50 Hz, as a beginner I thought WOW! awesome!

Got it and the ringing was sooo bad, that this thing was like almost not
use-able. I chocked the advertisement into the class of another purchase
I made without knowing any better the awesome Gotham V160 Vertical! A
chunk of AL tubing that the shipping cost more than the "Vertical" And
the Vertical was just  AL Tube and a Big B&W Coil. so it would work on
the lower bands, he he he.

Anyway what's good out there now as far as CW filtering goes?

Joe WB9SBD
--
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock