[CQ-Contest] What is Multi to you?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed May 10 18:13:58 EDT 2017

On Fri,5/5/2017 3:13 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> What does Multi Single mean to you?

One thing that's gotten lost in this discussion, and is poorly
accommodated by the rules for most contests, is the multi-single whose
fundamental interest is in mentoring new contesters, or encouraging a
neighboring contester to share your station for a few hours. I like to
operate SO2R, but rules for most contests don't allow SO2R with
multi-single. So if I want to host a guest AND work SO2R, I have to
enter M/M for most contests! That is ludicrous! We have rules that are
written for the big stations, but are inconsiderate of rank and file
contesters.

73, Jim K9YC