[CQ-Contest] Hamvention - New Venue, etc.

David Siddall hhamwv at gmail.com
Tue May 23 11:28:40 EDT 2017

Mobile phone providers have coverage maps that although not perfect, do
give some idea of coverage.  For example, at my WV QTH neither T-Mobile nor
Verizon covers the area.  But visitors using one or the other of those
carriers have had their devices work for a minute or two intermittently --
enough to alert them to a voicemail or to download some email.  Then the
signal is gone again, usually for hours until suddenly their phone dings
again with a message or something.   It's called "propagation."  I'm not
sure of the mode.

Here are links to the coverage maps of the "big four":

Verizon Coverage
<https://vzwmap.verizonwireless.com/dotcom/coveragelocator/>

AT&T Coverage
<https://m.att.com/shopmobile/coverageviewer/coverage-viewer-results.html>