[CQ-Contest] Dayton Hamvention

Yuri ve3dz at rigexpert.net
Fri May 26 11:19:00 EDT 2017

Hi Ed.
We also went for a dinner to Appleby in Xenia on Friday after the show and we were pleasantly surprised with the service and quality of food. The place was friendly and clean. There were other restaurants on the same plaza.

I am thinking seriously now about trading the Contest Dinner on Saturday night in Crowne Plaza for the local Xenia diner with no rush next year. It's hard to get to Crowne Plaza by 6:30 in time for contest dinner anyway considering difficult parking due to Dayton Ethnic Festival at the same place and time, and with 500 people inside that hall this year there was literally no space between the tables to move.

Xenia seems to be a very nice and quiet place, it looks more like my home town of Niagara-On-The-Lake in Ontario.

By the way, it was nice to talk to you at the Hamvention!

73 Yuri VE3DZ