[CQ-Contest] Dayton Crowne Plaza Credit Card Issues

jpescatore at aol.com jpescatore at aol.com
Tue May 30 06:04:10 EDT 2017

I've traveled constantly for the past 30 years or so. This was *not* an auth charge, it was an actual charge to my credit card. The clerk at the Crowne Plaza said that had been happening as part of IHG dealing with the hacks of the various hotel point of sale terminals and it was causing many problems - as many saw at the hotel.

Hotel chains have been pretty bad at security for quite some time - I have a credit card that I use for travel and online purchases, and nothing else - that way fraud hits (real or mistaken) don't require me to change automatic billings, etc.

73 John K3TN

>From AC0W: "Apparently you don't travel a lot. A lot of hotels will do a fictitious charge to the credit card to confirm the credit card is good. At some point during your stay a cancellation of the charge will be issued, which you will never see. None of these charges show up on
your monthly statement."