[CQ-Contest] Be careful what you wish for

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 15:56:16 EST 2017

"The declining sunspots will make participation decrease even more than it
has."

I recently reviewed the past 60 years of CW Sweepstakes (since the
mid-1950's) results in QST and the top number of Q's has remained
remarkably steady over time.

In those 60+ years, high QSO's numbers for best single ops have slowly
climbed from 1100-1200 to the 1300-1400 QSO range. Not a big change and
certainly not a decline.

The result would not have been nearly as steady and consistent if the rules
allowed working the same station on multiple bands. Then there would be a
huge up and down with the solar cycle.

If you are getting super bored with low rates on Sunday because you already
worked everyone, HMO is the cure!

I wonder how long until we have the first SS HMO all-remote or
partly-remote operation - maybe we even already have some.

Tim N3QE