[CQ-Contest] Alpha 87A Issues

Ken Widelitz kwidelitz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 18:59:33 EST 2017

I have a different strange issue with each of my Alpha 87As that showed up
this past weekend.

1.     One amp goes into standby without an error message and won't go into
the operate position no matter how many times I flip the OPR/STBY button. If
I turn the amp off and wait the longest 3 minutes in ham radio a few times,
the operate light will come back on and the problem goes away for a few
hours.

2.     The other amp gave me intermittent #20 errors, filament current
greater than 3.5 amps, for the first few hours it was turned on. It never
did that during the contest.

Any experience with these types of conditions? Suggestions?

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT