[CQ-Contest] Be careful what you wish for

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Wed Nov 8 07:27:11 EST 2017

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 7, 2017, at 09:27, John Geiger <af5cc2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You had me beat there. I didn't hear any VE4s the entire contest.  Only
> worked MAR, ONS, GTA, ONE, and BC from Canada, which is really surprising.
> I didn't operate on 20 meters at all, though, so I am sure that had
> something to do with it.
>
> One more rule change that might increase activity a little on Sunday is to
> eliminate the off time rule and let everyone operate the entire 30 hours.

Hi John,

I’m not sure such would have the desired effect. I think it might actually have the opposite effect. People would be encouraged to work through the night, further depleting the pool of available contacts on Sunday.

Having a reset of the one-Q rule, possibly coinciding with the reopening of high-band propagation Sunday, would reopen everyone already worked to another Q.

It would be like starting all over.

New records might need an asterisk, and perhaps records achieved prior to any such change would need to be preserved separately.

73, kelly, ve4xt