[CQ-Contest] Self Spotting

Michael Clarson wv2zow at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:25:39 EST 2017

A hypothetical: As there is no RBN for SSB (yet), suppose stations
appended a high speed CW transmission that could be picked up by an
RBN, and then spotted. One could argue this is self spotting, but is
it any different than formatting your digital or CW CQ to make sure
the RBN picks it up so you get spotted? Not suggesting this, just
asking the question. --73, Mike, WV2ZOW