[CQ-Contest] Sharing contest real time scores between servers

Victor Androsov victor.androsov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 01:28:10 EST 2017

I'm glad to make a first announcement about some promising progress in
sharing real score data between servers.

Few months ago we've started communication with Dmitry, R4WW the owner of
the well known real score server cqcontest.net. We have agreed to cooperate
on sharing score data. On the same time we received a beautiful initiative
form Bruce, WA7BNM who came up with a brilliant idea of a score
distribution server. The score distributor is meant as an easy way to post
live scores to all active scoreboards:

1. The distribution server posts scores it receives to all scoreboards
2. It only posts scores to a scoreboard for a contest if that contest is
supported by that scoreboard
3. It doesn't post scores to a scoreboard, from which it received a score
POST

That sounds like a beginning of real time score cluster. That wouldn't be
important which URL has been configured in a user loger since all the posts
finally be delivered to ALL active score board servers supporting current
contest.

Bruce just made my day by sending today a message saying a test version of
the distribution server is ready to go! Now we are ready to test options
1-2 (score postings could be sent to a distribution server and after to be
distributed between cqcontest.net and contestonlinescore.com servers).

We need volunteers who are ready to do the following:

1. to register accounts on both servers (https://cqcontest.net and
http://contestonlinescoreboard.com )

2. configure your logger with the following real score server URL:
http://www.b41h.net/scoredistributor.php (username a password could be
empty since we don't use authentication during the first QA phase).

3. participate at least few hours  in the coming contests: ARRL SS SSB and
CQ WW CW

4. Share with us your experience about how things go with posting to
both servers. Please pay attention to score posting timing. Are any delays
with your score publishing on both servers? Is your logger posting status
clear?  Your feedback about anything else related to postings would be very
appreciated.

73!

Victor
VA2WA